Unless you’re part of a team of experienced Harrisonburg roofing contractors, odds are you won’t be able to find the answers to roof replacement questions on your own.
Perhaps you’re wondering about whether to secure a new roofing system. Or maybe, you’re curious to learn the signs of a defective structure. As homeowners, having this information can come in handy.
Here are some questions homeowners frequently ask their favorite Harrisonburg, VA, roofing professionals.
Is a Roof Replacement a Worthy Investment?
If you’re aiming for good returns on investment, replacing your roof can be one of the most profitable installations on your home as it raises its overall aesthetic and economic value.
A roof replacement means your home will showcase brand-new, vibrant shingles. With a boost in curb appeal, your structure will last you for many years to come as long as you acquire the services of Harrisonburg roofing contractors to perform the installation.
Roof replacement also prevents ice dams from forming in the winter, and installing certain kinds of roofing systems, such as solar panel roofing, can be beneficial in terms of energy savings.
What Are Some Indicators That a Roof Replacement Is Necessary?
If you’ve noticed some odd things going on in your roofing system, professional roofers will tell you the following are signs the clock will soon strike midnight on your current roof:
- Presence of algae: Surprisingly enough, bacteria can eat through the shingles, especially if they are low-cost limestone-based shingles. Although algae development can occur on any roof color, cooler-colored roofs are more susceptible to algae invasion.
- Missing shingles or granules: Most Harrisonburg, VA roofing contractors are experts in roofing installation and ensuring shingles, as well as granules, remain in place. Nonetheless, no shingle is immune to harsh winds and blowing away as a result or due to old age. These missing components can spell water damage-related problems.
- Buckling or curling shingles: When the nails holding the shingles down in place appear to be popping out, it often means that the shingle is loose, which causes it to buckle. Curling or buckling shingles can expose the underlying roofing system to moisture.
Should I Replace the Entire Roofing Structure or Just Some Shingles?
Depending on the extent of the damage to your roof, replacing your entire system might be your best bet. To enhance your roof’s performance, you might want to ensure the inclusion of the following components:
- Leakage protection through watertight seals placed over vulnerable areas in your roofing system.
- Shingles that carry a lifetime guarantee should be prioritized.
- Quality ventilation saves some bucks on your energy bills and creates efficient airflow.
- Synthetic deck roofing provides a second layer of protection for your roofing system.
Installing a new rooftop on your home is a tremendous commitment, so it’s important to weigh the decision carefully. Getting input from a professional roofing company is always a good idea.
No matter if you’re a homeowner looking to improve your home’s curbside appeal or make some necessary repairs to the most crucial component of your residence, roof replacements are worthwhile investments when done by qualified Harrisonburg roofers.